What is CMA?
Crystal Meth Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other, so they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from addiction to crystal meth. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using. There are no dues or fees for CMA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. CMA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; and neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to lead a sober life and to carry the message of recovery to the crystal meth addict who still suffers.
How is CMA Different?
We have found that we relate best to other crystal meth addicts because they understand the darkness, paranoia and compulsions of this particular addiction. The Twelve Steps of CMA were adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous. We do not believe we are better or worse than those in other Twelve Step fellowships. At the same time, many of us fail to fully identify with “a falling-down drunk” or, in the case of a heroin addict, “a nodding-off junkie.” The hyper-extended length and intensity of crystal meth’s effects, be it compulsive cleaning or sexual activity, were unique. Many of us have attended other Twelve Step meetings, but the feeling of identification in the Rooms of CMA has helped us to keep coming back. After all, who but another meth addict understands the insanity that accompanies the high and, finally, that seemingly bottomless drop into depression that makes us desperate to use still more?
The convention committee has announced the dates and location for the 2014 convention. It will be held August 29-31 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in North Phoenix (check back soon for hotel registration link). Please download the convention registration form and return it by mail to the address shown. Event flyer with additional details can [...]
A new meeting has been added to our lineup, and we are excited for the first weekday meeting to happen during daytime hours as well as at a new location: Stepping Stone Place in central Phoenix. Dealing Hope will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1311 N 14th St at 10:00am. The location is just [...]
Pay for chips and play casino-style games to win MORE chips!! Exchange your chips at the end of the night for raffle tickets and bid on raffle prizes auction style!! April 19, 2014 from 6pm to 10pm at Faith United Methodist Church, 8640 N 19th Ave in Phoenix.
- 2014 CMA ConventionWhen: Fri Aug 29, 2014 to Sun Aug 31, 2014 Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel Phoenix, 2532 W Peoria Ave, Phoenix, AZ, United States Event Status: confirmed […]
- Casino NightWhen: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6pm to 10pm MST Where: Faith United Methodist Church, 8640 N 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ, United States Event Status: confirmed […]
- No Half Measures 3rd Anniversary CelebrationWhen: Sat Feb 1, 2014 12pm to 4pm MST Where: Dave White Regional Park, 2121 N Thornton Rd., Casa Grande, AZ 85122 Event Status: tentative […]
- "Art of Recovery" ExpoWhen: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10am to Sun Sep 22, 2013 5pm MST Where: Phoenix Convention Center, Hall G, 100 N. 3rd Street Event Status: confirmed […]
- Home Group Dance OffWhen: Sat Oct 5, 2013 5:30pm to 11:30pm MST Where: First United Methodist Church, 8640 N 19th Ave Event Status: confirmed […]