What is CMA?
Crystal Meth Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other, so they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from addiction to crystal meth. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using. There are no dues or fees for CMA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. CMA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; and neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to lead a sober life and to carry the message of recovery to the crystal meth addict who still suffers.
How is CMA Different?
We have found that we relate best to other crystal meth addicts because they understand the darkness, paranoia and compulsions of this particular addiction. The Twelve Steps of CMA were adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous. We do not believe we are better or worse than those in other Twelve Step fellowships. At the same time, many of us fail to fully identify with “a falling-down drunk” or, in the case of a heroin addict, “a nodding-off junkie.” The hyper-extended length and intensity of crystal meth’s effects, be it compulsive cleaning or sexual activity, were unique. Many of us have attended other Twelve Step meetings, but the feeling of identification in the Rooms of CMA has helped us to keep coming back. After all, who but another meth addict understands the insanity that accompanies the high and, finally, that seemingly bottomless drop into depression that makes us desperate to use still more?
The convention committee has announced the dates and location for the 2014 convention. It will be held August 29-31 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in North Phoenix (check back soon for hotel registration link). Please download the convention registration form and return it by mail to the address shown. Event flyer with additional details can [...]
A new meeting has been added to our lineup, and we are excited for the first weekday meeting to happen during daytime hours as well as at a new location: Stepping Stone Place in central Phoenix. Dealing Hope will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1311 N 14th St at 10:00am. The location is just [...]
Pay for chips and play casino-style games to win MORE chips!! Exchange your chips at the end of the night for raffle tickets and bid on raffle prizes auction style!! April 19, 2014 from 6pm to 10pm at Faith United Methodist Church, 8640 N 19th Ave in Phoenix.
- New Year's Eve Gratitude Jar Making PartyWhen: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8pm to 12am MST Where: Casa de Cristo, 1029 E Turney Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85014 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: https://www.facebook.com/events/923547494330256/ Hope Dealers CMA is hosting a FREE Gratitude Jar-making party for anyone looking for fellowship and a chance to expand your spiritual life on New Year's Eve. What […]
- CMA Rocks Christmas DanceWhen: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:30pm to 11pm MST Where: Paradise Keys, 2601 East Paradise Lane, Phoenix Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Come enjoy some festive food and fellowship with CMA Rocks homegroup. 7:30pm - Doors open 8:00pm - Speaker, Michael B. 9:00pm - Dance begins Ugly sweater contest: Bring your ugliest sweater!! Take a picture with Santa $ […]
- New Years Eve - Masquerade BallWhen: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6pm to 12:30am MST Who: Special Events Where: Faith United Methodist Church, 7102 N. 58th Dr. Glendale, AZ 85301 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Ring in the New Year with a full spread meal and dancing all night with a bunch of tweakers in masks!! *Choose from Prime Rib, Chicken, or Vegetarian Dinner - Todd S. is speaking - […]
- Gratitude in ActionWhen: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2pm to Sat Nov 29, 2014 5pm MST Who: Special Events Where: St. Michaels Church 545 E. Palm Park Blvd, Casa Grande, AZ 85122 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: Bake Sale - Raffle -Coffee-Speakers-Meditation Bring your own chairs or blankets Please show your support for CMA Area **We need to upgrade our servers people!** https:/ […]
- H&I Awareness DayWhen: Sat Nov 15, 2014 Who: Special Events Event Status: confirmed […]