What is CMA?
Crystal Meth Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other, so they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from addiction to crystal meth. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using. There are no dues or fees for CMA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. CMA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; and neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to lead a sober life and to carry the message of recovery to the crystal meth addict who still suffers.
How is CMA Different?
We have found that we relate best to other crystal meth addicts because they understand the darkness, paranoia and compulsions of this particular addiction. The Twelve Steps of CMA were adapted from Alcoholics Anonymous. We do not believe we are better or worse than those in other Twelve Step fellowships. At the same time, many of us fail to fully identify with “a falling-down drunk” or, in the case of a heroin addict, “a nodding-off junkie.” The hyper-extended length and intensity of crystal meth’s effects, be it compulsive cleaning or sexual activity, were unique. Many of us have attended other Twelve Step meetings, but the feeling of identification in the Rooms of CMA has helped us to keep coming back. After all, who but another meth addict understands the insanity that accompanies the high and, finally, that seemingly bottomless drop into depression that makes us desperate to use still more?
Come and join us to experience the 12 steps of CMA, “Principles to Freedom”. We intend to take workshops to another level by combining activities with the spiritual concepts of each of the steps. This is an incredible journey you must not miss!! Please submit registration by May 1, including $20 deposit. Remainder of $80 [...]
The convention committee has announced the dates and location for the 2014 convention. It will be held August 29-31 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in North Phoenix (check back soon for hotel registration link). Please download the convention registration form and return it by mail to the address shown. Event flyer with additional details can [...]
A new meeting has been added to our lineup, and we are excited for the first weekday meeting to happen during daytime hours as well as at a new location: Stepping Stone Place in central Phoenix. Dealing Hope will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1311 N 14th St at 10:00am. The location is just [...]
- Fundraiser : Kamikaze KaraokeWhen: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7pm to 11pm MST Where: The Solution, 4210 North Longview Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85014, United States Event Status: confirmed Event Description: 7pm - Speaker Meeting 8pm - Karaoke Begins What is kamikaze karaoke? You get to pick the song you want your friend to sing for however much you want to put up, and your friend has to sing the son […]
- 12 Step in the Pines: Car Wash FundraiserWhen: Sat Apr 4, 2015 9am to 1pm MST Where: U Can 2, 3593 W Northern Ave, Glendale, AZ Event Status: confirmed Event Description: For more information: Lisa T / 602 432 2008 We are raising money for scholarships!! $10 suggested donation OR pre-register and pay $20 deposit for retreat and get FREE car wash. Please come out to learn more about the 12 step exp […]
- Misfits Beach PartyWhen: Sat May 2, 2015 7pm to 11pm MST Where: Paradise Keys, 2601 E Paradise Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85032 Event Status: confirmed […]
- BBQ Dinner : Lockdown of HopeWhen: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6pm to 9:30pm MST Where: Crossroads West, 7523 N 35th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85051 Event Status: confirmed Event Description: 6pm - BBQ ($5 suggested donation) 7pm - Speaker Meeting ( 4 speakers / Greg M. - Rhonda W. - Rick N. - Glenn C.) 50/50 Raffle / Prizes including a Registration to 12 Step in the Pines Fundraising Awareness for CMA H […]
- CMA Rocks : Day at the ParkWhen: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11am to 4pm MST Where: Washington Park, 23rd Ave & Ocotillo, Phoenix, AZ, United States Event Status: confirmed Event Description: A day full of fun, food and amazing fellowship! Complete with Kids games and activities! As well as some strong experience, strength and hope! Shared by two amazing idividuals! And to top that off with […]